Let’s Get Started

New year, new blog!

This is not my first blog–I tend to start them and not continue them. I love writing, but tend to do it in my head and it never gets to where it needs to be.

I love reading blogs from other people. I follow several and read them when I get a chance. Some are read right away when I get the email that there is a new post, while some sit in the inbox for a few days.

My goal for the #EdublogsClub is to get into the habit of blogging consistently and actually writing on the computer instead of in the shower. As I build the habit on this blog, I can transfer the habit to my other blogs.

5 thoughts on “Let’s Get Started

1. Hi Christa

Welcome to the Edublogs Club!

You made me laugh when you said about writing your posts in the shower. I’m the same! I’ll write my posts in my head and then when I sit down to write at the computer it feels like I lost the words 🙁

I feel confident having a weekly prompt will help because it provides a topic for ensuring consistency in blogging.

@suewaters

2. Hi Christa,
    How many other blogs do you have? I find the more blogs, the less I write as decisions have to be made about which blog it goes on. So I now have 5 main blogs – work, family history, photography, travelling and student challenge.

While teaching (I am now retired) I needed to make sure I wrote on the blog regularly otherwise other things would get in the way. So even if you make a specific time to write, it does make it easier to get into a habit of writing.

• Sue,
      I tend to start and abandon blogs because I get busy, get out of the habit, then drop it all together. I am behind on the challenge, but instead of giving up, I am going to push on through this time!